Wilderness Welcome Program (WWP)
The Wilderness Welcome Program's goal is to help ease the transition to college by starting off the year on a positive, adventurous note.
Transitioning from high school to college can be one of the most exciting, yet stressful, times of your life. The Wilderness Welcome Program is here to help with the transition.
What is the WWP?
Organized through Campus Recreation, WWP offers trips that are guided by trained, experienced, emergency-certified student leaders. This is an opportunity to establish a group of friends on campus while exploring some of Norcal's most gorgeous landscapes.
Where do we go?
Three trips are offered the week before school from August 13-19. The deadline to register is July 27.
Still not sure if you should go?
Here's a list of 5 reasons to sign up before the trips sell out.
1. You'll meet new friends! Transitioning to college will be so much easier when you already know other students because of WWP.
2. All trip leaders are current SSU students which means you can ask them all the questions you want.
3. You don't need any prior experience. However, a desire for adventure is reccommended.
4. The locations are breathtaking.
5. Gaining confidence and leadership skills are part of the trip.
For more information, visit the Campus Rec website.