Sonoma State University is proud to host a large variety of summer conference groups, camps and events between June and August. SSU is in need of a student Summer Conference Assistant who will be working with a diverse team of students and professional staff to manage the day-to-day operations of the summer conference program. We accommodate groups from 30 to 1,500 and this position is expected to serve as a resource for the execution of all conference and event services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to providing exceptional customer service, day-to-day support, maintaining clean and functional facilities. Create and preserve a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive environment.
A qualified candidate will exhibit a positive attitude and efficient service. Excellent communication skills and ability to provide information clearly and effectively to staff, coworkers and customers alike. The candidate shall demonstrate sound judgment, flexibility, initiative and creative problem solving abilities.
Summer Conference Assistants may hold any of the following positions during the duration of their employment:
housekeeping, cellars information desk and/or event operations.
** This is a general application and placement of candidates into positions will be determined at the
time of employment offering**
• Provide clean and welcoming accommodations and guest suites for visitors
• Setting guest suites include linens and toiletries in rooms being occupied by groups
• Arrange furniture throughout the different spaces to match expectations
• Inspect and check for damage in the facilities
• Work shifts are primarily Monday-Friday between the hours of 9AM – 5PM
Cellars Information Desk:
• Responsible for being extremely knowledgeable of Sonoma State University
• Provide proper directions in and around campus
• Help organize and fill conference name badges and key cards
• Assist with room lockouts and deliver extra linens or toiletries to rooms
• Work shifts very to support the 24 hour service desk
• Assist in the set-up, take-down, and support for summer conference events
• Ensure cleanliness of facilities and equipment
• Responsible for having basic knowledge of A/V equipment and setup
• Work shifts vary based on schedule events needs and spaces.
To apply fill out application then turn into the Info & Tickets Desk in the Student Center