Check out the positions below, for more information on applying visit HANDSHAKE
Green Music Center hiring Ushers this Summer
The Green Music Center is currently hiring paid student ushers for the summer and 2019-2020 season. If you are interested in being a part of a top notch team and working fun and exciting concerts while learning valuable workplace skills then send an email to the Front of House Manager Andrew Cronomiz (email@example.com) to learn more. You can also find the job listed on handshake (job #2565535).
To Apply For Positions Below Visit https://joinhandshake.com/
EXCEL for Youth Summer Assistant
The EXCEL Assistant will support and assist the coordinator of the summer EXCEL for Youth program on the SSU campus. The EXCEL for Youth program will celebrate its 36th year this summer. This program provides academic enrichment classes for students entering grades 4th-9th. EXCEL is a program of The School of Extended and International Education.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide administrative support to the Program Coordinator.
· Deliver instructional and student management support.
· Organize and execute programmatic elements such as Lunch Bunch activities with attention to detail, and a focus on fun and safety.
· Inspire and mentor the High School Teaching Assistants with thoughtful leadership.
· Put parents’ minds at ease with a listening ear and a genuine interest in their child’s program experience.
· Strong communication and teamwork skills.
· Experience (school, camp, or other venue) working with children ages 8-14 and have high comfort level supervising and managing children.
· Capable to prioritize, organize and follow through with tasks to meet deadlines.
· Must be able to take direction and cooperate in a fast-paced environment.
Current first aid and CPR certification.
Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Student Assistant for the Office of the Registrar
The Student Assistant is responsible for relaying information on University policies in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner to University Constituents (students, faculty, staff, concerned members of the public, etc...) inquiring in person; assisting the office with basic clerical tasks including but not limited to, filing, date entry, data processing, processing and distributing mail, etc..., and providing support as needed to miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Assistant to the Registrar or other designated Records staff.
Students may work 40 hours a week during the Summer and up to 20 hours a week during the school year.
Summer Conference Assistant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to providing exceptional customer service, day-to-day support, maintaining clean and functional facilities. Create and preserve a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive environment.
A qualified candidate will exhibit a positive attitude and efficient service. Excellent communication skills and ability to provide information clearly and effectively to staff, coworkers and customers alike. The candidate shall demonstrate sound judgment, flexibility, initiative and creative problem solving abilities.
Summer Conference Assistants may hold any of the following positions during the duration of their employment:
housekeeping, cellars information desk and/or event operations.
** This is a general application and placement of candidates into positions will be determined at the
time of employment offering**
• Provide clean and welcoming accommodations and guest suites for visitors
• Setting guest suites include linens and toiletries in rooms being occupied by groups
• Arrange furniture throughout the different spaces to match expectations
• Inspect and check for damage in the facilities
• Work shifts are primarily Monday-Friday between the hours of 9AM – 5PM
Cellars Information Desk:
• Responsible for being extremely knowledgeable of Sonoma State University
• Provide proper directions in and around campus
• Help organize and fill conference name badges and key cards
• Assist with room lockouts and deliver extra linens or toiletries to rooms
• Work shifts very to support the 24 hour service desk
• Assist in the set-up, take-down, and support for summer conference events
• Ensure cleanliness of facilities and equipment
• Responsible for having basic knowledge of A/V equipment and setup
• Work shifts vary based on schedule events needs and spaces.
To apply fill out application then turn into the Info & Tickets Desk in the Student Center
Culinary Services: available positions may Include: Cashiers, Runners, Chef’s Assistants, Dishwashers, Bakers, Waitstaff, Bussers and Event Staff. Application information is on the website.