This pizza/sandwich mashup is sure to keep you feeling full without the guilt! The recipe is even easy enough for the most amateur cook.
- 4 (1/2-inch) slices crusty Italian bread
- 1 large garlic clove, quartered
- 4 to 6 thin slices whole-milk mozzarella cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Rub both sides of each bread slice with garlic. Place 2 slices on work surface; top each with one-fourth of the cheese and half of the tomato and basil. Sprinkle each with 1/8 teaspoon of the seasoning; top with remaining cheese and bread slices.
- Brush tops of sandwiches with some of the oil; sprinkle with some of the seasoning. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Place sandwiches, brushed-sides down, in skillet; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese on bottom of sandwich begins to melt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Brush tops of sandwiches with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Turn; cover and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Courtesy of KMONT from fullforkahead.com