Stuffed zucchini with marinara sauce, sprinkled with mozzarella. This low-carb dinner is a simple, delicious and healthy way to fill any pizza craving!
- 6 small zucchinis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (1.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner, set aside.
- Cut each zucchini into halves through the length. Align on prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic then brush lightly over tops of zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste then brush a slightly heaping 1 tbsp marinara sauce over each zucchini, leaving a small rim near edges uncoated. Sprinkle tops evenly with mozzarella cheese then with parmesan cheese. Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 - 18 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh oregano. Serve warm.
Courtesy of Jaclyn from cookingclassy.com