The holiday season may be over but that doesn't mean you can't whip up a little treat for yourself every so often. These Chocolate Raspberry Protein Balls are perfect for after a workout or just as a snack:
What you'll need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 servings (4 scoops) plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries
What you need to do:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats, cashews, protein powder, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor, and blend until everything is a smooth, floury consistency.
- Add the banana, and blend until a thick, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Roll out 25 balls, and place them on the parchment paper.
- Pulse the freeze-dried raspberries in a Nutribullet or food processor.
- Roll each ball in the raspberry powder, and return to the cookie sheet.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.
View the full recipe here.