The Associated Students has established an annual scholarship that shall award twenty (20) five hundred dollar ($500.00) scholarship awards a year. We are committed to the success of our students inside and out of the classroom for all of our students.
This scholarship is offered to any undergraduate and graduate student currently enrolled at
Sonoma State University and who meet the criteria below. The student must demonstrate
financial need, academic excellence, and campus and/or local community involvement.
Applicants must demonstrate leadership skills and thorough participation in a diverse set of activities including, but not limited to, volunteer work or leadership roles in academic, co-curricular activities, chartered clubs and organizations, and student government.
Applicants will be asked to include the following:
• AS Scholarship Application Form: https://orgsync.com/20936/forms/220403
• Two (2) letters of recommendation from an employer, advisor, faculty or other
professional contact. The recommendation is available electronically for the recommender to complete at: https://orgsync.com/20936/forms/220402
• Financial Need Statement: double spaced, 12-point font, no longer than two pages. This
statement is the opportunity for you to provide why you are applying for this scholarship
and share your financial need.
• Involvement, Engagement and Leadership Statement: double spaced, 12-point font, no
longer than two pages. This statement should include the different areas that you are
involved in on- and off-campus.
• Applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative SSU GPA at the time of application.
Applications are due January 25th, 2017 at midnight!
Questions? Contact email@example.com