Looking for the perfect summer job? Apply today to be a Super Kids Camp Counselor. Learn more about the job below and then fill out the application and turn into the front desk of Campus Rec.
Campus Rec is looking for mature individuals that have high energy levels and are ready to have an amazing summer working with children from ages 5-11 year-olds. With this job each counselor has the unique opportunity to positively impact children's lives on a day to day basis. Not only with this job will you gain experience working with children you will have many leadership opportunities as well, such as; instructing and conducting lesson plans teaching children to learn both academically and kinesthetically. Counselors will also attend interactive weekly field trips around Sonoma County, participate in special events and become rock wall certified. We encourage individuals who are respectful, responsible and ready to make Summer 2016 the best summer of our super kids campers lives!
Camp Counselor Job Description:
Works directly with the campers as a lead supervisor and is expected to produce lesson plans for camp sessions on a weekly basis with guidance from the Camp Director s.
Super Kids Camp provides children (ages 5-11 yrs old) with a safe, supportive, and fun environment that encourages child development through various activities including sports, drama, art, field trips, and other planned special events.
The Super Kids Camp Counselors work together as a team to provide an environment that fosters personal, social, educational, and recreational growth for participating campers.
- Some knowledge of child development and/or experience working with children
- Creative, energetic, and positive attitude
- First Aid, AED, and CPR certified (We will provide certification if needed)
- Belay certified through the Campus Rec rock wall (We will provide certification)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise campers and lead them during various planned camp games and activities
- Design and implement lesson plans for camp sessions on a weekly basis with some guidance from Camp Directors
- Utilizing and developing skills in the following areas – art, sports, drama, and science
- Participate in planned camp events and activities
- Attend all mandatory counselor meetings and trainings