Craving Chipotle, but you're on a college student budget? Learn how to make your own healthy burrito bowl in under five minutes!
- 1 package of pre-cooked brown rice (either frozen or packaged)
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons salsa or hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (healthy substitute for sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese
- Diced avocado or guacamole, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
1. Prepare brown rice in microwave according to package instructions
2. In a microwave-safe bowl combine rice, beans, salsa, plain greek yogurt, and cheese. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until heated through.
3. Top with diced avocado, guacamole, tortilla chips, or any other toppings for the perfect burrito bowl!
Enjoy this healthy meal knowing you just saved yourself from paying $2.10 at Chipotle for guac.
Shared By: Aubrey Anzelmo | Seawolf Living