Residential Life is Hiring & is Looking for Students with:
- Good Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Socially Outgoing Personalities
- Interest in Helping People
Community Service Advisors (CSAs) are responsible for mentoring, advising, and setting boundaries with students who live in the Residential Community. They are trained to build community, respond to emergencies, and mediate resident conflicts. Key skills learned as a CSA include: networking, working in diverse environments, conflict resolution and team building.
Co-op Team Leaders plan and facilitate community building events through a variety of activities and programs. They work with the students in their community and CSAs to bring to life the essence of the Co-op community in which they live. Key skills learned as a Co-op Leader include: event planning, team management, networking, public speaking and working in diverse environments.
Steps to take to Apply for a Residential Life Position:
1. Attend an optional Res Life Position Info Session:
- 10/27 @ 7:00 p.m. in the Cooperage
- 11/13 @ 7:00 p.m. in the Alexander Valley Room
- 1/20 @ 7:00 p.m. in the Alexander Valley Room
2. Fill out application online (available 11/3): www.sonoma.edu/studentaffairs/leadership
- Note: Applications are due no later than 1/30/15 @ 4:30pm
3. Register for UNIV 238: Foundations of Leadership for Spring 2015
- To receive priority access to UNIV 238 at the beginning of registration week beginning November 14th, you will need to complete the online application form and submit your essay. If these two requirements are completed by noon on Thursday, November 13th you will be guaranteed a priority seat in UNIV 238. If these two requirements are completed after noon on Thursday, November 13th, you will still be guaranteed a seat in UNIV 238, but you might have fewer choices in which section you will be able to take.
For more information and job descriptions visit: http://sonoma.edu/reslife/leadership/student_employment.html